Saturday, January 25, 2014

SPOTLIGHT SATURDAY - B.L. Mooney

Today is all about B.L. Mooney, author of Coming Home, Striving for Normal and the soon-to-be-released Liv's Existence!




Meet the author!

Q: What inspired you to write your first novel?

A: The voices. They kept saying, “Do it. Do it. Doooo iiiiitttt!” So, I did it.

Q: What books/authors have inspired your life most?

A: Twilight. It sounds ridiculous, but my sister had me read them because she loved them. I always wanted to write, but it just seemed so overwhelming. Once I started reading, I started thinking more and more about how much I wanted to write until one day I finally did. Twilight was just the start of it all.

Q: Whom would you consider a writing mentor(s)?

A: I have many. There’s a group of us who bounce ideas off one another and provide support. I couldn’t do this without them.

Q: What book(s) are you reading now?

A: Does editing my own work count?

Q: Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?

A: There are many new authors (or new to me) who’ve gotten me interested and I’ve actually purchased their books. However, I don’t have much time to read anything I’ve purchased recently. I guess my Kindle will surprise me when I find the time to turn it on.

Q: What are your current writing projects?

A: I’m just a few weeks away from publishing Liv’s Existence. It’s the first of a two part series. I’m looking at a May release for the sequel. As for writing, I’m working on my second in the Striving Series, Striving for Perfection. I hope to have that to beta readers by April and editing in May. It will be a late summer release.

Q:  What would we find you doing when you're not at the keyboard?

A: What a funny question. Wait, there’s stuff to do that doesn’t require a keyboard? *Looks at the ceiling as if the answer is up there* Oh, yeah. That would be my phone, in the notes section, taking notes, about future books . . . or on Facebook. I do like Facebook.

Q:  What are your favorite setting(s) to read/write about?

A: I can read almost any setting, but I prefer to write with a modern setting in the city.

Q:  If you could be any character in your book(s), which would you be and why?

A: Rachael Brooks form Striving for Perfection. She isn’t afraid to speak her mind and can handle the consequences.

Q:  I’m a potential new fan.  Sell me your book in ten words or less.

A: It has suspense, romance, and other stuff. You’ll like it.


Links





No comments:

Post a Comment