Friday, May 30, 2014

High Moor 2: Moonstruck Book/Audio Review





Synopsis:

The people of High Moor are united in horror at the latest tragedy to befall their small town. As dawn breaks, the town is left to count the cost and mourn its dead, while breathing a collective sigh of relief. 

John Simpson, the apparent perpetrator of the horrific murders, is in police custody. The nightmare is over. 

Isn't it? 

Detective Inspector Phil Fletcher and his partner, Constable Olivia Garner, have started to uncover some unsettling evidence during their investigations of John Simpson’s past - evidence that supports his impossible claims: that he is a werewolf, and will transform on the next full moon to kill again. 

However a new threat is now lurking in the shadows. A mysterious group have arrived in High Moor, determined to keep the existence of werewolves hidden. 

And they will do anything to protect their secret. Anything at all.

~~~Review~~~

Wow! Graeme Reynolds brought us another riveting novel in part two of the High Moor series, High Moor 2: Moonstruck. 

Although High Moor 2: Moonstruck picks up right where High Moor left off, Mr. Reynolds gives us a glimpse to the past which sets the tone for the book. 

Mr. Reynolds pushes the boundaries with his writing to deliver us a story that will tear at our heart, literally. Throughout the story, I found myself torn in two. While I felt sympathy, understanding and even wanted to cry for one of the villains, I also felt disdain for the very same villain. High Moor 2: Moonstruck will leave you thinking for days after wondering how such things could come to pass. This book is full of action, both physical and mental. It also filled with gruesome terror that will make you think twice about taking that walk in the park after dark and during a full moon. Of course, the story just doesn’t end. No. Mr. Reynolds hooked me in right to the very end and has left me wanting for more. He ended the story with a perfect cliffhanger and I’m not a fan of cliffhangers. 


I had the pleasure, and when I say pleasure I mean pleasure, of listening to this story on audio. The narrator was fantastic in how he delivered the story to the reader. He was able to capture the voices and persona of each character flawlessly. Of course, being that he is Scottish made listening easy. 

**I received an audio copy of this book in exchange for a review.**

Do I recommend this book? You bet I do! While I love a sexy werewolf, the werewolves of High Moor have won a place in my heart and show me how terrifying they can be. 

Thanks for reading the review, Dianne. 






No comments:

Post a Comment