Saturday, February 1, 2014

Spotlight Saturday!! Leslie Fear!

Spotlight Saturday Presents:

LESLIE FEAR!


Leslie has always been an avid reader and when she began posting reviews, she went back to her roots and started writing again. She is also a singer/musician and was a member of a cover band which performed in the Dallas/FT. Worth area in the early '90's.
Leslie lives in Texas with her husband, two great kids and a pug.


Leslie's Links

https://www.facebook.com/author.leslie.fear

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7202737.Leslie_Fear

Twitter: @lesliefear

(*Paperback cover)


"Odu
Legba, Papa Legba, open the door, your children are waiting. Papa Legba, open
the door, your children await."


                  
College senior, Lottie Boyd, expects to drink too much while on spring break in New Orleans. What she doesn't expect is to be haunted. Or fall in love. 

It starts with strange, vivid dreams about a 19th century widow so desperate to save her sick little girl, she's willing to do anything--even if it involves the black magic of Voodoo.

It doesn't end there. Voices, ghost sightings, familiarity with things and places she couldn't possibly know... All leading her to the Villere House of Voodoo and the young Creole owner, Xavier Villere.

Xavier is compelled to help and is drawn to Lottie in a way he's never known, but skepticism of his family's century-old link to Voodoo and the occult keep her at arms length. If he can only come to terms with his heritage, he might be able to help solve the mystery of the widow haunting Lottie's dreams. And maybe even find love in the process.

Note: Villere House is an adult romance and not suitable for readers under 18.




Michele's "FIVE STAR" Review:


Y’all y’all y’all y’all y’all! This was one creeptastic read! I really hate to admit this, but I do sometimes judge a book by it’s cover. This cover promised me a creepy ghostly mystery and the authors delivered! What more could a little Cajun girl want, than a mystery, a centuries old curse, the French Quarter, New Orleans, Voodoo queens, Papa Legba, hauntings, ghosts, vampire bars, cemeteries, evil spiteful spirits and more lagniappe than you could shake a stick at? Oh yeah, a love story too! The imagery that these two managed was nothing short of fantastic. I swear I could smell the perfume of the South that New Orleans exudes from every bend of the river.

This story moves at a lighting pace, no boring moments, and there was no fluff. Everything was relevant to the story line. And what a story! The relationships that Lottie has with her friends and the relationship that Xavier has with his family are vibrant. I wanted to be their friends too! The sexual chemistry between Lottie and Xavier was off the charts, and you also saw it mirrored in the relationship of Laurent and Elise. I think the authors did a great job of blending their two styles almost seamlessly, it never felt that I was reading the writing of 2 different authors. The characters were strong and rich. I loved the way the historical flashbacks were done, the dream sequences were outstanding.

I must say, the way they wrapped this up and melded everything together kind of blew my mind. How did I not see it? I said this to myself more than once. The story was so engrossing that my mind didn’t wander off on its usual jaunts to figure out the answers! I am looking forward to book 2!  *****5 FABULOUS STARS*****

~Michele




(*Ebook cover)


Buy Links!


AMAZON:
http://amzn.to/1bvXULm

BARNES & NOBLE:
http://bit.ly/1mSTDqV

SONY EBOOK STORE:
http://bit.ly/1dLu9WU




Shawn and Michele's Inquiring Minds Want To Know:


DI~ What inspired you to write your first novel?

LF~ I've always enjoyed writing and even wrote several short stories in college.  When I began posting book reviews so many of those books inspired my creative juices to flow once again. 

DI~ What books/authors have inspired your life most?

LF~ Diana Gaboldon's book series, Outlander. Hands down, for sure.  Also, Stephen King has always been a favorite.

DI~ Whom would you consider a writing mentor(s)?

LF~ My co-author, CD Hussey for sure.  She's taught me a lot about telling a story and the challenges that come along with different narratives.

DI~  What book(s) are you reading now?

LF~ I'm about to begin a book submitted to the blog I co-founded with Stephenie Thomas called, The Indie Bookshelf.

DI~ Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?

LF~ There are so many, it's difficult to choose.  I think Morgan Parker's books are deliciously sexy and hilarious as well as anything by Kaylie Newell...who's now a new romance favorite, for sure.

DI~ What are your current writing projects?

LF~ CD Hussey (Carla) and I are about to start book 2 in our "Blood of My Blood" series. Villere House is the first book we wrote together which released back in October 2013, and is also a stand-alone.

DI~ What would we find you doing when you're not at the keyboard?

LF~ I'm a stay-at-home mom, so you'll probably find me taxiing my kiddos around, running errands, signing at the top of my lungs since I used to do it professionally and it irritates my children, or reading.

DI~  What are your favorite setting(s) to read/write about?

LF~ I love romance, paranormal, historical as well as a good mystery - but it always has to include romance, no matter what genre.

 DI~ If you could be any character in your book(s), which would you be and why?

LF~ I'd probably be Charlotte, or "Lottie" in our book, Villere House.  Just being Xavier's love interest alone is enough, but the New Orleans setting, with Voodoo and a paranormal element is just about the best it gets for me.

DI~ I’m a potential new fan.  Sell me your book in ten words or less.

LF~ Villere House is sexy-creepy, with hot guys and Voodoo!! ;-)


Brandy L. Rivers Wants to Know:

Top five favorite titles (these do not have to be favorite books)

Outlander, Diana Gabaldon 
Crow's Row, Julie Hockley
Non-Friction, Morgan Parker
A Death that Lingers, Kaylie Newell
Love is a Wounded Soldier, Blaine Reimer


Felicia Tatum Asks:

Top ten snacks while writing - 

(Okay, so I only gave you four...but they're seriously good!) ;-)
Spicy hummus and sugar snap peas
Cottage cheese and spicy Doritos (don't judge me)
A glass of Chardonnay when I'm writing something, ahem, intimate.
And Anything chocolate. 

Join us at https://www.facebook.com/dauntlessindies today to meet and grill Leslie as she takes over the DI FB page!

No comments:

Post a Comment