Saturday, February 15, 2014

Spotlight Saturday - NIKKI MATHIS THOMPSON

MEET NIKKI MATHIS THOMPSON



Nikki Mathis Thompson spent her formative years singing, dancing and creating her own world of make-believe. From an early age she developed a love of reading that has grown exponentially to near addiction. She has a business degree from the University of Texas at Dallas. Her degree looks great in the frame, but hasn't been utilized in years. She gladly left the cubicle life behind to raise her daughter and a son was added to the mix some years later. You can find her devouring a book while drinking a glass of wine, doing her part to save the planet or lip-synching to her favorite songs while running through her suburb. She lives outside of Dallas with her family.

INTERVIEW


- What inspired you to write your first novel?
I found that there was a lack of strong, mature heroines in the genre at the time. Plus I had all these nutty one-liners I needed a vehicle for. (And by mature I mean someone who was not a teenage or twenty something naive/whiny virgin)

- What books/authors have inspired your life most?
I know it might sound strange but I would have to say Anne Rice. I started reading her books in high school and although I'd always enjoyed reading, her stories stoked my passion for books and reading.

- Whom would you consider a writing mentor(s)?
I admire many authors, but I'm not sure I have a mentor per se. 

- What book(s) are you reading now?
What am I not reading? I'm finishing up book 6 of the Vampire Academy series. By the time this posts who knows. I have about eight books in the queue.

- Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?
Leah Reader, her first book came out last year. Her writing style and content stood out to me. Emma Chase-She's huge now but I loved her debut novel, tangled. Hilarious!

- What are your current writing projects?
I'm working on my first of three, I hope, Rebound novellas.

- What would we find you doing when you're not at the keyboard?
Reading, running, hanging with my family, drinking wine and singing in the shower

- What are your favorite setting(s) to read/write about?
I love historical fiction so any story that can take me back in time and make it live in breath, there's nothing better.

- If you could be any character in your book(s), which would you be and why?
That's hard. I love something about them all. I'd have to say Katrine, my heroine. But Charlie comes in a close second.

- I’m a potential new fan.  Sell me your book in ten words or less.
Funny, sexy, heart, music, food, think southern sex in the city



Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Rebound-Nikki-Mathis-Thompson-ebook/dp/B00BXPHQF8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1392170938&sr=8-2&keywords=rebound+nikki+thompson



Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Resilient-Rebound-Nikki-Mathis-Thompson-ebook/dp/B00GUXD06M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392171067&sr=8-1&keywords=resilient+nikki+thompson


Author Links







No comments:

Post a Comment