Saturday, April 26, 2014

Dauntless Indies proudly presents Author Tiffany Aleman!

Meet the Author!


Q&A with Tiffany Aleman

-      What inspired you to write your first novel?
       Writing has always been a secret passion of mine. Ever since I was young I’ve liked to write. Finally, one day, I decided to put my passion to paper and my debut novel Luck of Love was born. As I was writing I couldn’t help the feeling of elation that coursed through me when I realized I was finally pursuing one of my many dreams. My kids have also been a huge inspiration for me. I want to show them that if I can follow my dreams they can too.

-      What books/authors have inspired your life most?
There are so many authors that have inspired me in one way or another that there is no way I could list them all. But if I had to pick one author I would have to choose S.C. Stephens. To me her writing is amazing and I have read every book that she has published. I feel like with every book of hers that I have read that I get sucked into this world where nothing else matters. Every emotion that her characters go through I feel like I’m going through too. With that being said, I only hope that I can achieve that type of emotion in my work. I want people to read my books and feel everything my characters feel.

-        Whom would you consider a writing mentor(s)?
Kathryn McNeil Crane and Marie Coulson. Kathryn is amazing in all that she does. She’s not only my editor but she’s also one of my dearest friends. I love that she’s not afraid to be honest with me. If she feels like something is missing in one of my manuscripts, she’ll call me and tell me. I adore the fact that if I’m having an issue trying to make a scene come to life or if I’ve hit a major writing block she’s always there to brainstorm and encourage me no matter what. Where would I be without Marie Coulson? Probably struggling with my first manuscript. She helped to give me the confidence and courage I needed to push through with my debut novel. I would have been completely lost without all of her advice on how to publish and most of the in and outs that beginning indie authors don’t really know about.

-       What book(s) are you reading now?
Currently I’m reading The Edge of Darkness by Melissa Andrea.

-       Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?
I loved Catch Me by Claire Contreras and Collaboration by Michelle Lynn featuring Naveah Lee.

-       What are your current writing projects?
Currently I am working on the highly awaited sequel to Luck of Love which is titled Luck and Faith, the second book in the Serenity Falls series titled Seeking Serenity and a couple other manuscripts that I’m keeping a secret.

-        What would we find you doing when you're not at the keyboard?
Being a mom and wife first and foremost. But when all is quiet I like to sit down with a good book, a drink, and get lost in the world of fiction.

-       What are your favorite setting(s) to read/write about?
I like a little bit of everything. I’ll read anything from a feel good love story with a happy ever after to a suspense novel with one hell of a cliffhanger to a steamy erotic novel to a little bit of paranormal (Sometimes a girl just needs a little bit of vampire in her life).

-        If you could be any character in your book(s), which would you be and why?
Surprisingly enough this question isn’t too difficult to answer. I’d be Kenleigh from Serenity Falls. In all honesty that book was the hardest for me to write since it did hit a little too close to home for me.

-        I’m a potential new fan.  Sell me your book in ten words or less.
A steamy, romantic, must read with no cliffhanger.

Top Five with Brandy

Top five favorite titles (these do not have to be favorite books)

~ Love Left Behing by S.H. Kolee
~ The Breathing Series by Rebecca Donovan
~ The Thoughtless Trilogy by S.C. Stephens
~ The Fallen Crest Series by Tijan
~ The Consequences Trilogy by Aleatha Romig

Top Ten with Felicia

Top ten authors

~ Rebecca Donovan
~ K.A. Linde
~ S.C. Stephens
~ Tijan
~ CJ Roberts
~ Monica Murphy
~ Abbi Glines
~ Collen Hoover
~ Aleatha Romig
~ Marie Coulson

Serenity Falls 

by Tiffany Aleman & Ashley Poch

Synopsis:
Kenleigh Briggs suffered debilitating depression at the age of twelve after losing both parents in a tragic house fire. Her aunt assumed guardianship and forced Kenleigh to learn how to horseback ride. She soon developed a bond with the horses that helped her work out and deal with her depression.

Seven years later, young Kenleigh is now a sophomore at the University of Texas, San Antonio. During summer break, she arrives at Serenity Falls, a horse ranch devoted to helping children with disabilities learn to ride. She loves watching the kids build the same healing bonds with the horses that she did. She really finds satisfaction in paying it forward. 

Wesley Adams, the son of the ranch’s owners, is a professional bull rider who lives in Dallas. With his blond hair, Caribbean blue eyes, and tattooed muscular body, he is the epitome of every woman’s dream. Wesley is good guy, but he harbors a past he's not proud of

Kenleigh has learned to take life head on. Content with the way her life is going, Kenleigh never expected Wesley. He takes Kenleigh on the ride of her life, but will she accept him faults and all? As Kenleigh and Wesley discover a love like they have never known, will they also discover the best parts of life they are missing?



Links

No comments:

Post a Comment