Saturday, April 12, 2014

Spotlight Saturday Presents Bella Roccaforte

Meet Bella Roccafort

I have been many places and done many amazing things. My motto has always been that you can choose to watch life pass you by or be the one spinning the world. You have to get out and live. Life won’t come to you!

Writing is just one of my passions that I’m lucky enough to be able to express. I also love music, reading other people’s books, but most of all spending time with my kiddos. 

The characters in INK are very near and dear to my heart. Some are very closely fashioned after real people in the real world. Many of the experiences that Shay has had actually happened, of course there haven’t been any murders – oh wait there were but not like in the book. That’s a whole other series!

INK is currently slated to be a 6 book series. I hope that you enjoy INK: Fine Lines and fall in love with Aiden and Eli just like I did!

I grew up in New England where my entire extended family lives, but have lived all over the country. I currently call Atlanta, GA home. There’s a reason they call it HOTlanta – good God!

I love to answer emails, do guest posts and digital signings. Oh who am I kidding I’m pretty much always up for anything! Contact me any time!



Links:






Buy Bella's Books:
(Click on cover for link)










Shawn and Michele Want to Know:

~What inspired you to write your first novel?

My first novel was inspired by a nightmare and a really bad birthday. I felt like I needed to write it down and get it out. It then bloomed into something so much bigger than I ever imagined.

 ~What books/authors have inspired your life most?

C.S. Marks, Sarra Cannon and Addison Moore most of all! Addison writes the Celestra series, which is fabulous! She was really there for me when I lost my manuscript and encouraged me to go for it. I can honestly say, that without Addison my books would have never been finished.

~Whom would you consider a writing mentor(s)?

Addison Moore, Sarra Cannon, Allison Hope.

~What book(s) are you reading now?

Ravenshade by C.S. Marks (I’m super lucky, it’s not out yet, but she’s letting me give it a read.)

~Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?

Cristy Rey and Michelle Graves: I’ve recently met them at an event and totally have their work on my tbr list.

~What are your current writing projects?

The main project is the completion of the INK series. I’m presently wrapping up INK: Abstraction (Book 3), then I’m going to finish up INK: Sketches (Book 0, Part II). It’s a prequel to the story.

~What would we find you doing when you're not at the keyboard?

Taking care of my family or sleeping. I’m really boring.

~What are your favorite setting(s) to read/write about?

I love urban fantasy as well as fantasy worlds that are beyond my imagination!

~If you could be any character in your book(s), which would you be and why?

I’m really unkind to my characters, I don’t think I’d want to be any of them. If I had to choose I would say Trish, because she says exactly what’s on her mind all the time, with incredible finesse.

~I’m a potential new fan.  Sell me your book in ten words or less.

Nonstop, edge of your seat, unpredictable, paranormal roller coaster ride.


Brandy L Rivers Wants to Know:

Top five favorite titles (these do not have to be favorite books).

Fight Club
What Dreams May Come
Ender’s Game
Star Wars
The Walking Dead
For Felicia:
Please choose one:


Top ten books turned to movies.

·         Elfhunter by C.S. Marks
·         Celestra series by Addison Moore
·         Beautiful Demons by Sarra Cannon
·         Death’s Awakening by Sarra Cannon
·         The Trouble with Goodbye by Sarra Cannon (the only contemporary I’ve ever liked, never mind LOVED)
·         Silent Changes Melissa Strnad
·         Eternavix by Alex L Kaine
·         The Dresden Files (the whole series) by Jim Butcher
·         Dante’s Inferno
·         American Gods by Neil Gaiman

No comments:

Post a Comment